Friday, September 2, 2011

What do you have? Be grateful for that!

WOW! I don't know if any of you have seen this video but I was totally crying when I saw it! So powerful and beautiful and touching and amazing! Need I go on? Just watch it...you'll see!


See what I mean? Heart wrenching, don't you think? I'm so moved. And it's not just because he's Korean. ;-) I mean I've had some trials in my life but I certainly wasn't homeless when I was FIVE!! So of all the things I am always chasing after I think it's time to be grateful for what I have and what I've had! I had a roof over my head and food on the table all the time growing up. My childhood wasn't ideal but I did have that and I'm grateful for that. I can't even imagine living like that at age 5...or 10...or even 15! Nope! And the fact that he got his GED for elementary and middle school on his own is crazy. As well as getting into high school. He does have formal vocal education in high school, a fact they left out of the TV version for TV reasons but it doesn't change the main part of his story. He lived alone and on his own for 10 years starting at age 5! Wow! Amazing!

This just serves as a reminder to me that I really need to be more grateful than I am! Geez! Look at me...I'm healthy, smart, mentally all here, physically all parts are working, have a job, decent looks, great friends and family, and a sense of humor! I mean, c'mon! What more do I need?!? I better be more grateful! I AM a grateful person but I need to practice gratitude even more than I do! Yes, definitely!


“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” ~William Arthur Ward 

No comments: