Monday, September 26, 2011

They mopped the floor with me!

So on Saturday I went to my first-ever boxing class! Let me first of all say that I don't like watching boxing so for that reason I rarely do. Since this is the case, naturally I would have no idea what I should be doing or how I should even look while boxing, how to punch, etc. So I head into this class and they gave me NO instructions whatsoever. They put us in groups of 2-3 people and we did a circuit of sorts.The different stations were 1) speedbag, 2) heavy bag, 3) sparring - actually I don't know what it's called when you hit the pads the instructors wear on their hands?!?...yeah, that! and 4) sprinting/running. So off we went to our little stations. I did fine but had no idea what I was doing. I learned some while I was going from station to station and then we had to run. I started off fine but then thought I was going to die about halfway around the block. Haha! Yeah, it was funny and humbling all at the same time. So I made a vow to work on my cardiovascular strength and that's my goal for now. Yeah, like I said, they mopped the floor with me! I had a great time but definitely felt out of shape!

Fast forward to today. I went to the gym to take Zumba since I'm loving that and then planned on doing some hams/glutes after. When I got to Zumba I was informed this was the second to last Zumba class they'll be having at the gym. Wha what?!? Yes. Not only that but then I find out that they're planning on having all free classes for the month of October but starting November they're going to charge for classes (boxing and yoga only)! Aargh! I am MAD! But there is some hope. There will be a TRX class, a spin class and a beach boot camp class that will still be included in the membership. And of course my buddy, the PROWLER, will be there. But maybe I'll have to look into yet another gym. NOT happy! I guess I'll be taking a lot of classes in October anyway. Woohoo!

Hope your weeks are all starting off well! Keep a positive vibe rolling through you week. I know I will. I get to visit my friends this week in San Diego! Yippee! I'm looking forward to it! 


5 comments:

Donloree said...

Oh I think I would LOVE boxing....

trimntaut blog said...

I took boxing one time - it was quite an experience and a workout!

Erin said...

Donloree, I think you definitely would! Maybe that could be your next challenge!

Yes, Carlanna, ONE time! That's perfect! Haha! It is NOT easy!

The Broke Brunette said...

LOVE boxing! Good for you! Added you to my list of links on my blog - great posts! :)

Erin said...

Thanks CFO! I checked out your blogs! Awesome! I love the vlogs! It's great to see the person and hear them! Thanks for adding my blog to your blogroll! :-)