TRX and the........ PROWLER!!! WOOT WOOT!
Yesterday I went to my first TRX class! What a great challenge and something different. There were only 3 students in class which was perfect for a first-time class! That way I could get the attention I needed and make sure I was doing it right. It was great fun! I will definitely go again! And the best part? At the end the instructor said, "We're going to finish off with some metabolic work with the prowler!" Yahoo! I was so excited! I've been wanting to try that thing forever. We only had 20# on that thing and it was tough. It makes me even more impressed by Alli McKee's "somebody get on this...seriously" prowler experience from their Train Like a Girl weekend! We did 3 "runs" for about maybe 30 yards or so? I'm bad about eye measuring so I'm not sure the distance. It was AWESOME! I want to do it again ASAP!
Now, onto the next subject...Rice Cooker Oatmeal! Yep, you read that right! I learned this from Kevin Weiss's video below and it's FANTASTIC!
Unfortunately I don't have an electric steamer so I make my eggs the old-fashioned way. Put them in a pan, cover with water, bring to a boil, turn off stove, cover and let sit for 10 minutes, rinse in cold water. This is the recipe I used today and it was soooo delicious! I brought some to my coworker and she asked if I had put sugar in it. Yes, it's that good!
Rice Cooker Oatmeal
2 cups oatmeal
3 cups water
1 cup almond milk
1 apple
2 plums (large) - or it may have been 1 plum and 1 pluot...not sure!
cinnamon
nutmeg
ground cloves
Throw it all in the rice cooker and turn that thing on. Go take a shower and voila! Oatmeal...fresh and tasty!!! LOVE this! I've made it with strawberries and apples, blueberries, mixed berries, apples only (not a big fan of that one), added flax seed oil, or coconut. It doesn't really matter. It's all super tasty! Enjoy!
So there you have it...a couple of recipes that are so simple yet divine and my latest experience! Hope you all have a great weekend! Wahoo! Feeling better and better!
2 comments:
This really just made me so hungry. Miss fruit!
Hahaha! That's so funny Lacey! At first I thought you were calling me Ms. Fruit! Now I get it...you miss fruit! Sorry...but not much longer till you can have some. Yeah!
Post a Comment