Sometimes I want to blog but can't come up with a good title. Today is just one of those days. I've had some interesting and enlightening conversations over the past week or so. I love good friends and good conversation. Nothing like it! I learn so much from friends who help me stay out of my bubble and my "world" as I know it. Although I do like living in MY world sometimes, it would be boring to live in it all the time!
Well, I went from really not doing any weights for a couple of weeks to doing them on Saturday in a full body workout at a new gym I was trying out. I am going to try that gym out for a free week's pass but not this week and I'll probably end up joining it. It's more expensive than my cheap gym. It's a boutique gym but it has all kinds of fun equipment and it's super duper clean...unbelievably clean for a gym. I think I'll like it there. I'll decide for certain when I'm finished with my free trial week. But the best part of my workout is my friend did a session of FST (fascia stretch therapy) on me following my workout. I truly think I'm going to have to look into getting that regularly. After that therapy my energy was high AND I had NO DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the next day which is shocking considering how hard I worked out and the fact that I hadn't worked out for a while. Amazing and I will let you know if I get it again if I respond the same again.
In the meantime I'm still doing what feels good and right for me. That's been kind of challenging for me. I still overeat sometimes and undereat at other times. Kind of weird but I'm learning or should I say relearning how to eat to my needs and enjoy, truly enjoy, my food.
I'm enjoying my life and really "living" again which is good. We went and worked out at the track yesterday. That was good but it was pretty warm. Fun though. Love track workouts! We went to the Ford Amphitheater last night to see this Rhythm and Roots Performance. It was surprisingly good! It was a cool mix of Israeli and African American song and dance. The choreography was fantastic and the music was great. I've never been to that venue before and it's a GREAT venue, similar to the Hollywood Bowl but much more intimate. It was a lot of fun! We even got to have a little picnic before at one of their tables there. And yes, I did finally get to eat my bread with salami, cheese, and grapes! I'm funny! LOVE that though. And we had some yummy Italian sparkling wine as well. Great night and nice to be outside enjoying L.A. Loved it!
I was tired today though since I didn't sleep enough last night since I was home at about 11:30/11:45 or so. Late for me. I went to the DMV today and renewed my license. Yes, my birthday's coming up so I had to do that. I can't believe I've been living in L.A. for 10 years! Crazy!! That's about it. I'm going to really try to cook something this week and I'll let you know what it is. Can't wait to see myself! :-)
2 comments:
I've been having the same problems for post competition i feel i am in a rut for food choices and then binge on cereal. its been an up hill battle but I am working with an online nutritionist to help get me back on track...
I am feeling DOMS today...killed me legs during an intense workout this am : )
Nini, I understand completely! Glad you've found a nutritionist to help you. If you can find a FST stretch person, you should definitely try it after a really hard workout. It's AMAZING!!! :-)
Post a Comment