*************MAJOR RAMBLING WARNING!!!!!*************
Wow! The past week was insanity and a true test of my patience. I passed...but NOT with flying colors! Just briefly, we were getting our carpet redone in our office. At the same time we were archiving patients that haven't been in for a long time. This created extra work for me and I ended up working on my day off for 11 1/2 hours and the next day for 11 hours. Then came Monday, when we got to see that the carpet was NOT the carpet it was supposed to be. NOT good. Not sure if we'll be getting that redone or not. And then we're on to Tuesday. Get into work. Lazy coworker hasn't picked up the messages on the voicemail. So I have to do that. Computer guy comes in to bridge one software with another. And he WIPES OUT OUR DATABASE!!!! Are you JOKING me?!? Luckily we had a backup from the night before but it takes about 6-7 hours to restore it! UGH! So I was at work for another 12-hour day. Oh...but in the meantime when I went home for lunch I drove over a long piece of metal that wrapped halfway around my tire (new in March, by the way) and punctured it at each end of the metal! AWESOME! So I tried to drive to the tire place but the metal broke at some point and was hitting the wheel well so I had to stop. Then I had to get my quickly flattening tire replaced with the fine donut that you get with your car! Haha! A very nice man stopped and replaced it for me. I drove to the tire place and got it fixed and then it was back to work. After our data was restored at about 5:30pm I still had to check the software on the computer that the computer guy had originally come to fix and guess what? It wasn't working right!!!!! So then it was another hour plus long call with tech support for THAT software! Yeah, I finally left the office at almost 8:00! Ridiculous!So yesterday I still had to work about an hour or so on my day off again but then it was time to relax and unwind. I went for an assessment to see why my right hip/lower back has been so tight! Well, my TFL (tensor fasciae latae) and gluteus medius as well as my IT band are tight ...super tight and also it's overactive and my left quad is "lazy". So I really have to get on the foam roller every single day and roll the heck out of that IT band. I've been slacking on that a little. I learned that I'm rolling too quickly too so probably rolling right over the tight spots and not helping as much as I could. I also still have a chronic rotator cuff problem so need to work on that too. But the good news is that I'm not as messed up as I thought I was. Yeah for me! After my assessment I had a massage, went to lunch with my brother, and then I took a nap...aaaaahhhhhh...and then started reading my book. It was a great day! I was in bed super early but oddly didn't sleep that well. Boohoo. :-(
I haven't been working out too much since my schedule was a little CUCKOO over the past week. Saturday I did run (maybe I should say walked) the Santa Monica Stairs. And yes, my calves were sore yet once again. Dang calves! And today I'm going blading after work because I just want to! I haven't done any weights in forever but I think I'm getting ready to get back into that again. Just needed a break I think and just wasn't in the mood. Did mat pilates on Monday and that felt great too.
I think I'll be back in the gym on Saturday. Feeling like I need a change of pace so I'm going to look into a couple of gyms. I feel like I want to do some group classes since I kind of miss them lately. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you all posted. I haven't been eating that much since I haven't been working out that much. Yesterday I did have some yucca fries with my lunch...HOLY COW! Those were soooooo delicious!!!!!
Advice for husbands/boyfriends of wives/girlfriends: This advice is based off of talking to many girls, my BF, and my brother. Guys are so good at planning dates at the beginning of the dating period, right? And then what happens? Who knows? But then all of the sudden the girls are making the decisions about dates and planning the dates. To be honest, I don't mind planning dates because I am a "planner" kind of person. However, every once in a while I like my BF to just plan it so I "don't have to think about it" and "don't have to make a decision" except maybe about what I'm going to order off the menu. The 3 key points to keep in mind when planning:
1) We will be happy with anything if we don't have to plan it - well, not anything...of course you'll have to use good judgement but almost anything
2) It doesn't matter to us where we go as long as we are with you and having a good time - in other words, it's probably not best to plan a date that consists of an argument while in difference cities. LOL!
3) Don't give us a decision. We don't want it. Just state what we're going to do and that will be that. Promise we'll be happy! As long as you don't start out telling us what we're going to be doing with "I was thinking" or "what would you rather" or "what do you think of".
I've had this conversation before with my boyfriend and several girlfriends. But I was reminded of it yesterday when I had the same conversation with my brother. He proceeded to tell me how stressful it is. How he has to get online for over an hour just to figure out the "right" restaurant. Haha! We had a good laugh over that. So, guys, do yourself a favor and don't stress out so much. We females are much easier to please than you think! Or at least some of us are. :-)
That's my update for now. Hopefully I'll be taking more pics again and get back into blogging more often and doing some new/different workouts! I'll keep you posted. Have a great rest of your week everyone! Ciao for now!
2 comments:
OMG yes!!!!! (to your advice portion specifically!) WTF?! Its like they don't want to go do anything... Sometimes its the simple fact that you still have to continue to pursue your significant other. Ugh.
Haha Lacey! Glad you see my point! Hope you're doing well! Sounds like it from your blog! Keep up the good work...almost there! :-)
Post a Comment