Monday, July 25, 2011

Ugh! Major Sore Throat!

Yesterday afternoon it all started. My throat started feeling like a sore throat. As the day went on it felt worse and worse. I took Oscillocicum in case I was getting sick. I sprayed my throat with nasty Chloraseptic, gargled with salt water, and took Claritin in case it was allergy induced. Then I went to sleep. Guess what? I woke up in the middle of the night with some pretty serious throat pain. :-( It was not pleasant. Today I stayed home from work because my throat is just KILLING me!! I'm drinking lemon and honey tea, apple cider vinegar and honey tea, water. Eating doesn't sound enjoyable in the least! Clearly I'm sick since loss of appetite is never something that happens to me!

So today it's just rest, fluids, rest, nasty gargles of all sorts, Throat Coat tea, soup...yeah, it's a party over here! Wanna join me? So clearly my nutrition will be off today. And I will not be working out. That's okay though. When your body talks you have to listen. So I'm listening.

I wrote all that earlier today. Hopefully I'll be going to sleep now and tomorrow I'll feel totally fine or at least good enough to get to work. My 3-hour nap today probably helped! Let's hope so. I'll catch up with you tomorrow. I want to post my workout from Saturday because it was so great! It felt really good. Goodnight!

2 comments:

ana @fit, fun n delish! said...

I hope you get better soon Erin! Rest up!

Erin said...

Thanks Ana. Feeling better already! Not 100% but maybe 70%...it's a start! ;-)