My food has been really on plan. I have really only had one day that I didn't eat 2 meals on plan, meaning I had the calories right but my macros were pretty whack! Now keep in mind that I made my plan so I COULD stick to it 95% at least. And so far I've done that eating 43 of my so far 45 meals on plan. Again I'm taking 2-4 weeks till I check in with myself and see how my plan is working.
As for workouts...uuhhhh...now that's where I've been lacking. After my hammies and glute workout last Wednesday, I was sore till Sunday! That wasn't great for me because it made my other workouts challenging. I couldn't really do any HIIT because it would have been ineffective. So I skipped my HIIT last week entirely (I was going to do two 20-minute sessions) and I only did hammies and glutes once. With that being said, my workout yesterday consisted of the same hammies and glute workout exactly from last week and guess what? Today I can actually walk fairly normally. Yes, the body is amazing at adapting! However, my workout Monday was nothing short of pathetic. So today I'll be doing HIIT as planned and tomorrow will be back, bis or tris and abs. I love doing full body workouts. But the elbow isn't feeling good enough yet to make that workout effective so for now I'm doing some body part splits again. Just until my elbow heals up and then it will be back to full body. I really like that much more! And Friday again I'll be hitting my hammies and glutes because on Saturday and Sunday I'm not leaving my house. No driving for me this weekend. That's for sure!
So I feel like I'm making progress and if nothing else at least I feel like I'm doing something to change the way I'm feeling and the way I feel in my own skin, let alone my clothes! And that feels like progress. And that is what I'm trying to do. Progress to another level.
Oh, by the way, I accidentally made microwavable scones the other day. I had made some "breaded" flounder and then had left over "breading" (brown rice flour with many herbs!) and some egg so I just mixed the 2 up and added a little almond milk to make a paste. Then I spread it on some parchment paper but it was pretty thick. Then I microwaved it till it dried out. I'm so bummed I didn't take pictures but honestly I didn't think it was going to be all that! HA! Here's the recipe:
"Breaded" Flounder and Microwave Brown Rice Herb Scone
![]() |
| "Breaded" Dover Sole - same idea but thinner fish |
8 oz flounder fillet (I cut mine in two 4-oz fillets)
1 egg, beaten in a separte bowl
1/2 cup brown rice flour mixed with the following
To taste: oregano, basil, garlic powder, thyme, bruschetta seasoning, Garlic Gold Parmesan - I used all dried because that's what I had on hand but this would be even better with fresh I'm sure!
Heat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray (or coated with oil of choice) over medium high heat. Place flounder in egg then place in brown rice mixture getting as much coating as possible on fish. Place in pan and cook on one side. Flip to other side and spray pan again before putting on other side. I think it took about 5-10 minutes to cook on both sides.
In the meantime mix remaining egg with flour mixture. Add just enough milk of choice to make a thick paste. Spread on parchment paper and microwave. I think it ended up being about 3-4 minutes total time. I did flip it over about 2 minutes in. The thin areas were like a cracker and the thicker were like a scone. Delicious!
I believe I will make that again for dinner (and if I do I will definitely take pictures) but I may sub the brown rice flour with ground oats and/or some almond meal or coconut flour. Oh, the possibilities are endless!
Hope you all have a fantastic day! Ciao for now!

2 comments:
This flounder looks yumo and I am looking forward to making that Scone too!
Nini, you'll have to let me know what you think if/when you make the flounder and scone! They're so tasty!
Post a Comment