So what has happened in a couple of weeks on my own plan? Well, this morning I didn't necessarily plan on weighing and measuring myself but I thought I would. Honestly I didn't feel like it because I actually felt like maybe my plan wasn't working and I didn't know if mentally I could handle my numbers going up. Even though I'm not very fond of measuring, it's necessary to see if I'm on point with my plan or if I need to switch it up. So, what was the outcome? Drumroll please....all numbers went down. All except my thigh measurement. Oh! And my lean body mass (yep, that's up!) My weight was down a pound and bodyfat was down a couple of percentages and all my other measurements were down. So am I changing anything with my plan? Uh...no! Don't change something that's working, right? Right!
Here's my short review of my plan components:
![]() | |
| Steak Salad - with bacon, hard-boiled egg, and crumbled feta |
![]() |
| "Breaded" Flounder and Side Salad |
Training - This week was much better. My elbow is definitely healing as I've been very religious about icing it every single night. I got in all my workouts except one of my HIIT workouts. My upper body workouts aren't so strong but my hammies and glutes workouts have been great! And today I actually pushed 270# on the leg press for 3 reps. I guess that's a new PR for me although I don't even have any PR's because they've never been a goal of mine but I'm thinking of making them a goal. Again when my elbow feels "right" I'll be reincorporating full body workouts since I like doing that better than upper and lower splits.
I also got in two Tabata workouts this week. Man! Those are so tough! Really?!? It's ONLY four minutes?!? You must be joking. Well, let me just say again that if you haven't tried it you should definitely add it to your workouts. I did these two.
2 Rounds of 10 seconds rest, 20 seconds AMRAP (as many reps as possible):
1) Speed Squats
2) Burpees
3) Mountain Climbers
4) Speed Skips
Today I did this one and just about died in the third round: 3 Rounds of 5 seconds rest, 15 seconds AMRAP
1) Burpees with a jump
2) Reverse Lunges
3) Quick Hands
4) Speed Skate Jumps
Lifestyle - Yes, the early morning workouts have gone away. And guess what? I feel sooooo much better not fighting that early morning wake up call. I personally would love to do it but honestly my neighbors are really too loud and waking me up each and every night at 11 or 12! I was dragging every single day. And now? I feel GREAT and energized, rested and relaxed. What a difference a change makes! And also I'm not stressed out about getting to sleep early. That was stressful and something I really wasn't good at! And also training at night is something I'm really enjoying. I like it quite a bit. Sure it's a bit more crowded but it's a low-key group and I can handle that.
So that pretty much sums it up. I really am feeling better and even though the numbers helped me feel better I felt better already just having some sense of setting and hitting my goals. And the good things is I'm not stressed out AT ALL about my plan! I don't keep thinking "I should be..." or "I have to get up..." It's a very low stress plan which has probably really help me succeed.
I'm having a great weekend and really just relaxing and doing my laundry like I"m supposed to. It's going to be a great week. Ready for another week? Ready to keep moving forward? Upward and onward to your goals? Do you see your potential? Then REACH for it! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!
“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” ~Wilma Rudolph (First American woman Runner to win three gold medals at a single Olympics. 1940-1994)


No comments:
Post a Comment