On to today: On the food front, things are going well. I think I overate last night. I had steak and potato on my plan tonight. I ate that with some green beans and was still hungry? What?!? Yes! I know...crazy...so I actually went a little crazy with the dry roasted sea salt peanuts. Ummm....can you say really tasty? I can't even remember the last time I ate dry-roasted peanuts! I forgot how
Having a plan (both meal and training) has really helped me feel like I have a plan and a goal and I'm getting there. Baby steps? Sure...but getting there nonetheless. And the fact that it's a much "lighter" plan than before (meaning not as strict and structured) makes it soooo much easier to follow. I'm eating a lot of things I like and enjoying every second of it. My main goals for this, my newest program, are as follows:
1) ENJOY the process, food, and training - and enjoy learning what works for me right now and what doesn't. I can't be afraid to enjoy myself and life in general. I can't live a fully structured life. I'm too spontaneous for that as an end result or really even part of my journey. Loose planning is fine for "real life" and not contest prep.
2) GAIN strength - such a great goal! I LOVE this goal because it's so measurable and it's exciting to see yourself get stronger.
3) LOSE fat - need I say more? I have more fat than I want. I'll be curious to see where my body lands. I don't have a lot of fat but definitely more than I would like.
Simple yet very productive and measurable goals. And so far so good. I'm really enjoying this plan so I'm really hoping that it works well for me. Not only is it a good plan for what I'm currently doing but it's a good plan for "life". Even better!
I'm off to eat my meal now. Yummy! Happy to be enjoying my food again and LOVING wandering the grocery aisles again. So many things to eat and all have a purpose. Speaking of which, did you know Emerald has new nuts? SCARY! Cocoa almonds with honey roasted peanuts and glazed pecans! Wha...what?!?
Yeah, they're as good as they sound but next time I think I would just buy the nuts all separately and mix together. There are too many cocoa almonds for the other nuts.
Have a great Friday and fantastic weekend! It's HERE! Yippee!!!!
2 comments:
Oh geez, that Emerald mix looks SO good!! And yay for plans!!!
Oh yes Liz, they are delish! Try them when you can!!
Post a Comment