Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ahhh...the grill/griddle pan from World Market!

I'm so excited about my purchase I recently made. I would have told you about it sooner but didn't want to alert the BF since I bought one for him too. Luckily the other night I finally gave him his so now I can broadcast my excitement. It's a double burner cast iron grill and griddle from Cost Plus World Market. And here it is at its initiation!

Mushroom caps, stems, and asparagus - Welcome Grill Pan!
On that night I grilled asparagus, mushrooms, and zucchini. And then I grilled pork chops. TASTY!!! Love the grill pan. And it was a super duper price! Oh yes! Even better!

I have been hard at work in my caramel factory for a couple of days. Today I have a little more work in the caramel factory but then I'm also going to make some goodies to take with me to San Diego this weekend. Yep, I'm going to good ol' SD again this weekend! Wheeeee! I get to see my coach, friend, mentor, amazing woman Gina (well, maybe I should say ex-coach) and my good friend Traci! WOOT WOOT! Yep, it's going to be a party in San Diego! I'll try to take some pics for you to see what I'm up to.

On the plan to make are my mighty doggone good Cocoa Rum Protein Truffles, some protein muffins but undecided on which ones to make, and my Cranberry Orange Cereal Bars. I thought that would make a good little package for both of the girls. We'll see what I end up making. Surprises, surprises. I love the holidays and holiday baking is so much fun. Although this is most certainly the healthiest baking I've ever done for any holiday. I guess the millions of batches of caramels make up for this healthiness though, right?

So today I knocked it out at the gym!! Yes, I was on fire. I swear the less motivated I am to hit the gym the better of a workout I have. Why is that? Theories anyone?

I did Hams and Glutes and loved it! Here's the workout:

Lying ham curl (glute focus) 60# 3x12
Butt blaster 70# woot woot! 3x12
SLDL w/ cable 57.5# 3x15
Bulgarian Split Squat 10# plate 3x15 staying low
SM Squats 50# 3x12
Jumps SLOW holding 10# plate 3x12 (so much harder than I had envisioned!!!! LOL!!!)
Lying ham curl 50# (ham focus) 3x12, hold 10 counts on last set - yowza!!

My food has been on today, just not enough or just kind of odd:
1) 4 egg whites w/ spicy jalapeno chicken sausage  and pepper jack almond cheese - again yummy!!!
1/2 cup oatmeal
2) 6 egg whites w/ YUMMY salsa & 1/4 of an avocado ! Oh boy!, 1/2 jicama, 1/2 cup brown rice medley w/ 1/2 T tahini dressing - oh yum!
3 & 4) !/2 a Quest bar
5) Blueberry protein shake w/ 2 t coconut oil - Holy Yummy!, 2/3 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch...just because :-)
6) Undecided
7) Probably pumpkin souffle...

So working in the caramel factory is hard and fun all at the same time. I love being able to make something that I know people will love. Sometimes I feel a little looney after a while though because you literally have to stir the post for about an hour and a half while it caramelizes. That's the "hard" part. I usually end up dancing around a little and just singing Christmas carols. It takes my mind off the task at hand. There's something very meditative about stirring though. I don't just stir in a circle but up and down, circle around, side to side, circle around, then up and down again. Yes, I have it down to a meditational science!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Back to my real job tomorrow. I kind of miss it when I'm not there. It's nice to have that structure, ya know? And I like to feel like I'm contributing to society in some small way. I contributed to society a lot today when I had to be in line at the post office! And let me just say that the geriatric community cracks me up. They won't use the "postal center" there. They would rather wait in line even if it's a good 20 minutes just to do the same thing they could have done in about 3 at the vending maching/postal center! So cute! It makes me wonder what "technological challenges" I may face in another 20-30 years. Then I'm sure I'll be cracking up the younger generations as well. Hee hee...me as an old(er) biddy. Ha ha!! Funny!

Friday is almost here.....


“Getting what you want is not nearly as important as giving what you have.” ~Tom Krause

No comments: