Which was easier to recall? My guess is going to be the criticism. Why is that?!? Our minds are so good at remembering the bad, the negative, what you did wrong, how you messed up, etc. etc. It's so hard to train your brain to remember the good, the compliments, the hugs, the high fives. So so hard! So today, do yourself a favor. Pat yourself on the back and remember at least one compliment or one hug that meant the world to you. Or one kind thing that someone said that helped you out of a "black hole" and made it "all better." Or a smile or comment that took you by surprise and lifted you up.
There are some things that I have heard in my life that I tend to forget. And they should be things that I repeat to myself often. Yet I don't. And when I do I feel so much better about myself, knowing I'm making a positive impact on this world, even if it's just in one tiny little corner. Yep, that's what it's all about. Who are you impacting positively? And what are you giving them? What are they giving you? Goodness abounds in your life so it's up to you to decide how much goodness to keep in your heart and how much bad to let go.
I don't know about you but I really would rather remember the good, forget the bad. So I'm going to try to do that more. Life is going to have its challenges, its ups and downs but the more time you're up, the less time you have to be down. So anyone care to join me on a "remember the good" journey? Come on...it will be fun! Just think of all the great things people say about you and it will lift your spirits. Come on...whatcha got? Here are a few of my favorites:
- "You're the best aunt ever."
- "It takes very little to make you happy."
- "You are so generous."
- "You are a great friend."
- Some words that have been used to describe me: generous, kind, playful, up for anything, funny, fun, thoughtful, caring, giving, happy, cute
- "Thank you for being there for me."
- "You're very strong."
Remember the good!!!!
This is my biggest goal as I head into my 45th year of my life! Join me if you dare!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment