Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Birthday is over...:-(

What a great birthday I had running away. It was really great. I got so many calls, emails, posts, texts, etc. for my birthday so thank you to all of you that took the time to wish me a happy birthday. It was a great birthday.

Mini-goal update! I did 3 days of 30 minutes of cardio last week and knocked out that goal no problem. Yeah for me! I've got a little catching up to do this week but I'm still going to get my 3 days in again this week. So now it's back to reality and back to my next mini-goal. Since I lost my first 2 days of this week, I decided to pick a mini-goal I would definitely have time to do. This is the one I chose! Can't wait for this one. I will be doing this on Saturday night. Can't wait to see what I decide to make and I'll share it all with photos too.
So this week is #10.  Cook a "fabulous" meal at least once every other week!
I can't wait. I love to cook "real" meals. I just LOVE that and I never really do it anymore.

I did make this Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bread from Epicurious for my friend that I went to stay with and it was delicious. I haven't made that recipe for a long, long time. I only used 1 cup sugar instead of 2 and I also only used 1/2 cup oil instead of  3/4 cup. It was so fun to make a REAL recipe. I enjoyed it very much. And I also remembered that I really really enjoy baking bread. It's so fun and makes me really happy.

Tonight I made myself a tasty salad that had mixed greens, cucumber, green onion, small carrot, and roasted beets. The dressing was so easy and soooo delish! It was just olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and just a bit of Bonne Maman's Four Fruits Preserves. I shook it up and poured it over my salad, added some sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Yummy! I only wished I had some goat cheese and I should have added some walnuts because that would have been perfect!

More goal reaching this week! I'm on it!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that goal =) I tell you, when my hubby works at night, I don't cook. I'm too lazy and just don't care. I'll have a salad or something really easy that I don't have to think about. So good for you for making meals!!

Erin said...

Thanks Lisa! Me too! I've gotten very lazy about cooking. It's time to bring it back! I LOVE it when I eat a great homemade meal! I figure I deserve a good meal. Too bad you don't live here. I'd invite you over! :-)

Donloree said...

Mmm! Real meals! I have gotten away from that too...

Erin said...

DL, I know! Terrible, isn't it? Food was meant to be enjoyed, right? Try a real meal! Let me know what you think! It's fun!! :-)