Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Only 2 more shopping days!

So, how's my birthday shopping coming along for all of you? If you haven't started, don't worry. There's still time! You have 2 more days so hop on it! I had a good time doing my wishlist last year so I think I'll do that again! I mostly do this for my own entertainment so just play along with me, kay?


ERIN'S BIRTHDAY WISH LIST
  • Travel blow dryer from Brookstone ($40) - mine is still kind of broken
  • Toaster or Toaster Oven - why am I always asking for kitchen appliances? Hmmm...
  • Cards/Hugs/Laughs ($free)
  • Gift cards from Trader Joe', Target, Kohl's, Whole Foods, Coffee Bean
  • AAA Membership - silly I know but something I think I should have since my car is of that age where I should have it for safety's sake
  • Birthday wish comments on my blog! ;-)
That's all I can think of for right now. Maybe I'll think of more later but that's all for right now. So get shopping!

GYM UPDATE: So apparently at my NEW gym they're not going to charge for classes at least not through the end of the year. We'll see what they do after that. So I'm enjoying my yoga A LOT! I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I guess it's all about the teacher and finding a place that's affordable. I really like my teacher. I'm going to try some others there...maybe...but I love the one I have right now. She has a great energy.

FASCIAL STRETCH THERAPY: I know I talked about this before but I went to get stretched again today.  I went after my hammies and glutes workout and it was amazing again! I had been having shoulder pain so he really worked on that and my shoulder feels so much better, more open, less tight, and the pain is virtually gone! If you haven't ever tried it, I implore you to find a practitioner near you and try it out. I think you will like it.

MINI-GOAL UPDATE: I've already done 2 of my 3 days of steady state cardio. I actually kind of revamped my idea of steady state kind of by accident. I did 30 minutes of inline skating on Sunday. Then on Monday I did 15 minutes on the Precor AMT. I LOVE this machine.
After that I hopped on the rowing machine. I got into the interval workout and did another 10 rounds there. So I guess in reality I did 25 minutes and not 30 but it was 15 steady state and 10 HARD intervals. I was happy with that workout.

TODAY'S WORKOUT: As I mentioned I did hammies and glutes workout today and I squatted 145 pounds. Yep, that was a first for me! Woot woot! 3 reps too! Couldn't do the prowler 'cause it was raining. :-( Did get to do the ham glute raise though. LOVE that machine a lot! So I did squats, deadlifts, leg press, glute ham raise and lunges with the straight bar. Oh, and some planks - hold 3 counts, lower to the floor (on elbows and hips), come back up and hold 3 counts again. 3 sets of 15! This is sooooo much harder than it sounds and sooooo much harder than holding a plank for a minute or two. Try it if you don't believe me. You'll see!

It rained almost all day and I loved it! I love the rain and since it doesn't rain too often in L.A. I get to enjoy it. Funny story for the day: I wanted some Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread today with some coconut oil on it. Well, my toaster has broken hence the birthday wishlist item. So I have to broil my bread now. I only had the 2 heels left so I put them in the broiler. Then I walked away. Now those of you that know me know I ALWAYS set a timer. I don't know why I forgot to today but I did. Yeah...uh huh...burned the heck out of those little heels! So sad! Still trying to regroup from that! Haha!


I'm feeling slightly better about myself and I'm happy about that. I feel like I'm physically headed in the right direction and my mind is trailing along nicely. Can't wait for my birthday! I'm running away from L.A. to visit my friend for an extended weekend. Can't wait! It's going to be a nice break! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy early birthday!! You are so funny. I'm happy to hear that last paragraph, that's great news! Hope ou have a really fun birthday away!!

Erin said...

Thanks Lisa!!! Glad you see my humor and understand I joke around a lot! Very important! I'm sure I'll do a birthday recap when I return from my travels! Thanks again! :-)

Donloree said...

Happy Birthday!! Have an amazing weekend away from LA and make sure to enjoy yourself like crazy!

Erin said...

Thanks Donloree! Woohoo! 2 birthday wishes already! You gals rock!