Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New mini-goal and Fun Weekend

Waking up the way I did yesterday morning I know my next mini-goal has to be #8...

Be in bed by 10:30pm. That means not getting ready to get in bed. This means in bed, jammies on, teeth brushed and flossed, in bed...book in hand!

I really have no idea why I was so tired yesterday. I could have slept for another couple of hours though. Of course it doesn't help at all that the days are super gloomy! I LOVE the gloomy weather if I'm trying to sleep in and get NOTHING done. That's perfect for that. But when you  have to get to work then the gloominess doesn't really help in that arena. I know you know what I mean!

Let's add to this the lovely freeway construction. Now for some reason the people that are in charge of the freeway construction must have thought to themselves, "Hmm...I wonder when would be a good time to drive some kind of pylons into the ground that will shake all the buildings surrounding the construction site? Hmm...probably early Sunday morning when everyone that CAN sleep in usually does! Yep, that sounds perfect!" UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost went out there in my PJs to scream at them! It was just insane to me! It literally was shaking our poor little building! And don't even get me started on the truck backing up sound all night, OR the dropping of pipes or rebar or whatever it is they're dropping in the middle of the night, OR the big humongous drill that needed oiling! Oy! It's all just a little too much. This girl needs some SLEEP!!!!!!! Hahaha! See? I'm delirious! Now you all know what I'm talking about!

As for my weekly mini-goals, they are just going along quite nicely. These are what I've done so far:

1) Steady state cardio 3 times a week for 30 minutes - I've since changed this to either 3 times a week or mix it up with HIIT sessions of 20 minutes
2) Cook a fabulous meal at least once every other week
3) Strength train 3 times a week
4) And now...in bed by 10:30pm

It's really not bad at all when you have little tiny goals like that. It's good because you actually feel successful each week having done just a "little thing" but at the end of the 12 weeks all those little things will be a big thing. So it's just a matter of sticking to my little goals. I actually was in bed at 10:35pm yesterday so that was good. Tonight a little earlier I think though.

As for my weekend, well, what a lot of fun I had! My BF and I celebrated my birthday and we had a good time. We went to the Textile District downtown and shopped around. It was fun and entertaining. And I found a great rug so I don't have to be so cold with my hardwood floors. It's super soft and I LOVE it! After that we picked up some food and headed to Malibu Wines in Malibu.
It was really great. They have music and you can bring in any food you want and non-alcoholic drinks too. Very cool and low-key venue and very relaxing. Unfortunately it's only open Memorial Day to Halloween so we can't go again this year. :-( Following that we went to Banderas in Brentwood and I got the Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich. Oh yummy! It was a great birthday celebration. But it didn't stop there. The next day I got my favorite meal EVER...Spicy peanut shrimp with yogurt sauce, served with white rice and also broccolini and baby Asian mushrooms. Oh man! The BF knows how to cook! And don't ask what he put in because I have no idea. It was spicy though, just the way I like it. Yum!!!!! Actually I have a slight idea - in the shrimp it had shrimp, peanut butter, peanut oil, garlic, chilies, green onion, and magic! The yogurt sauce is Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic?, and onion? or green onion?. Something like that. It's so amazing!

The only odd/bad thing to report is that the top of my foot started hurting Saturday afternoon but then felt fine after that. I worked out Sunday and had no pain and then yesterday when I came to work it was hurting again and last night it really started to hurt. From self-diagnosing online I think it's some kind of tendonitis in the top of my foot. I took some ibuprofen this morning and iced it last night. We'll see what happens. I did my 30 minutes of rowing last night since I didn't want to be on my foot since I thought it might make it worse. I'll keep you posted. 

Here's to another amazing fall week! I love Fall! It's the best!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a perfect Bday celebration. Here's to a great week girl!!

Erin said...

Thanks Lisa! It was a lot of fun! Sorry for my delay in responding here! Hope you're doing well!