Well, Monday night I did my first of my three strength training sessions. It was great, felt good, and I enjoyed it! This is what my workout was:
Kettlebell Full Squats 24kg kettlebell 4x10
Hex Bar Deadlift 50# x 12, 70# x 10, 70# x 10 - FIRST time using this - LOVE!
Walking Lunges w/ Barbell 40# 3x10 (each leg)
Single Leg Back Extension (glute focus of course) 3x8 each leg
3-count Plank 2x15
Bent-knee lower abs leg lifts 2x10 each leg (I have no idea what these are called. You lie on your back with your lower back pressed into the floor and slowly lower right heel to the floor and then bring it back up and slowly lower left and repeat, keeping your low back pressed into the floor the whole time.)
In truth, I completely forgot to do my Hip Thrusts. I had every intention. But somehow forgot! :-( So sad!
Tuesday night I did my 30 minutes of cardio and then relaxed and enjoyed my yoga. What's that? Am I enjoying my new gym? Why yes! How could you tell? LOVE it! Lots of new equipment for me and I'm loving that I can do yoga without making a huge financial commitment! It's all good! Good weight and cardio equipment, the prowler, rowing machines. Yep, ALL good!
Yesterday was...ummm...interesting? My body was hurting in the morning so I decided to take a day off, relax and unwind. This lasted for a while and I went for a fantastic massage, finally feeling loose and truly relaxed. I decided I would go see a movie. And on my way to the movie I got rear-ended. :-( I'm fine and the car's fine but it was unnerving all the same. Luckily I wasn't going very fast. Well, actually I wasn't "going" at all. I was stopped. It was the 2 cars behind me that were going. Oh well. Just slight cosmetic damage to my bumper.
I went to see the movie 50/50. Yeah, real tear jerker. But I like that it is based on the screenwriter's true story. It was a good movie and good reminder of what's important - family and friends and life. Worry less and enjoy more. Yep, good reminder.
Tonight I will certainly need my yoga class. So I will be doing that after my cardio HIIT, provided the traffic cooperates and all. It's been a little crazy around my 'hood. Only about another year until this major freeway construction is done. Wish me luck! I hope I survive! Haha!
2 comments:
YAY! I'm so excited for you that you're loving your new gym. Okay, i was thinking of trying yoga, do you think I'd like it? I just feel like if I'm not sweating like a pig, I'm not really getting a workout. But I know yoga isn't about "working out" per se either. I'm torn over this.
I'm so sorry about your accident, thankfully you are ok! I totally wanted to see that movie. Your day sounded SO nice and relaxing! Hope you have a great weekend!
Lisa, with your new "try something new" philosophy I definitely think you should try yoga. And if you're not sweating in yoga you're definitely NOT doing something right. It might take a little time to get there but you will sweat, particularly if you learn the ujiya breathing. It warms your body from the inside out. I hope you try it! Let me know if you do!
I'm so glad I love my gym too! Thanks! :-)
Post a Comment