One of my goals is to rename my blog to something more appropriate to me today. I feel that I'm far away from the figure competing world so I need to redo my blog. If anyone has any great idea for my new blog title, please feel free to share it with me.
So, how did everyone enjoy their holidays? Were they grand? I had fun as I always do but I missed THE SNOW!!!! It's so sad to have Christmas with no snow! Especially when you're not in Southern California. So hopefully my 2012 Christmas will be filled with snow. I'll just have to wait an extra year to enjoy the snow. Since there was no snow there were a lot of "snow" type things that didn't happen like sledding, snow hikes, and skiing! So I was a lot less active than I usually am at Christmas time although I did manage to make it to the gym a couple of times, went on a nice long walk with my aunt, and played Just Dance 3 with my niece. So I wasn't a total slouch but definitely more sedentary than usual and ate more than usual.
Needless to say, one of my goals is to get back into better shape and have my clothes fit me. I'm not doing anything too drastic or setting weight or body fat goals because those don't really work well for me. My goal is simple and just to fit comfortably in my wardrobe again. One thing that I think helped me is taking my fish oil and 1 tablespoon of my liquid vitamins. I've never taken the 2 tablespoons that are recommended because it always just seemed too much for me. So I'm back on my habit of taking those.
Yesterday I bought new wheels for my inline skates but only FOUR! Let me ask you this, if each skate has 4 wheels, how many wheels do I need? Yep, EIGHT! Ooops! So I went to the gym instead and got in a very good hammies and glutes workout! I'm feeling it today and I love it! I was an animal yesterday because I also marinated a pork loin and some chicken breasts to cook today. I made this marinade but used brown sugar instead of stevia.
Asian Pork Tenderloin
2-3 T lite soy sauce
1 T sesame oil
1 T Worcestershire sauce
8 drops stevia
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 T Asian chili paste
3/4 t pepper
1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
Place all ingredients except pork in a Ziploc bag. Mix well. Add pork. Close and put in fridge for 4-8 hours. (I did about 7 hours.) Flip over every hour or so.
1 T sesame oil
1 T Worcestershire sauce
8 drops stevia
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 T Asian chili paste
3/4 t pepper
1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
Place all ingredients except pork in a Ziploc bag. Mix well. Add pork. Close and put in fridge for 4-8 hours. (I did about 7 hours.) Flip over every hour or so.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer pork into an aluminum foil-lined baking pan.
Roast in a preheated oven 60-90 minutes till meat thermometer reads 150.
(I cooked mine 70 minutes.) Remove, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes
before carving.
I also made brown rice couscous with some veggies (onion, zucchini, mushrooms, celery) and garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Very tasty! And quick! LOVE the brown rice couscous.
And then there was lunch today...mmm...so tasty!
![]() |
| Soba Noodles with Asian Chicken, green onions, sesame seeds, and julienned cucumbers |
I'm really simplifying things in my life. So my motto for 2012 is eat less, move more. Simple and easy. And that's what I've been doing so far. No more getting hung up on calories, number of meals, macronutrients, micronutrients, meal timing, etc. etc. It's time to just move more and eat less and enjoy life and food! Yep! That's what 2012 will be looking like! Simple is key for 2012. Simplify my life and my food and my workouts!
"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, is creativity." ~Charles Mingus
How were your holidays? Any fun or funny stories anyone needs to share?


No comments:
Post a Comment