Saturday, January 2, 2010

And here we go...

So I still feel like I'm getting in the swing of things. Today I just kind of floated along, got some things done and left others undone. Somehow I still don't quite feel up to par. Better but not quite there. I will be going to bed fairly early again and sleeping till I feel rested. Last night I slept 10 hours and felt okay when I awoke but then after a couple of hours felt a little drowsy and slightly sick again. We'll see. I have to be ready for Monday since you know I have BIG plans starting Monday.

I did find a new food scale today. Yes, I know, most people can measure with their eyes. I, for one, cannot! I've tried but I can't. I can't look at someone and think I might even hazard a guess at what they weigh, figure out how many jelly beans are in a jar, or figure out which size container to put leftovers in. Yes, I definitely lack that skill - what is it? Spacial relations? Yep, don't have it. Although the odd thing is that in IQ tests I've taken my spatial relations skills are high. Go figure! I don't understand.

I didn't really try to eat right today. I didn't eat wrong but definitely not right. I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things. I also bought some fine bamboo utensils so I can replace my wooden ones that are just too old! Look at me go. I'm well on my way.

My fridge is loaded with lots of veggies since I will be eating my fair share (and possibly some of yours too) of those in the next week and pretty much the whole year and the rest of my life. Bring it!

I'm off to relax, possibly watch a movie and meditate. One more day tomorrow and it's back to work. New me, new attitude! Life is fantastic!!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman


“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ~Oscar Wilde

No comments: