Thursday, October 15, 2009

And then there was sun...

What a beautiful day! The rain cleaned the air and the sun was bright and warm today. Really pretty day!

I didn't sleep enough last night. I really need to be better about that. More sleep next week. That is my short term goal. I'm going to aim for a good 8 hours every night. Definitely in bed by 10:00pm.

Here is my food journal:
Meal 1: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 red pepper, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 4 walnut halves, 1 t fish oil, calcium, vitamin D
Meal 2: 2 hardboiled eggs & 1 hardboiled egg white, 1/2 cucumber, 1/4 oatmeal, 4 walnut halves
Meal 3: vegetable stew (zucchini, corn, tomatoes, potatoes) w/ chicken, 1 slice Ancient grains bread
Meal 4 (post-workout): protein shake, 1/2 apple
Meal 5: Thai BBQ Chicken w/ Rice (from Whole Foods)

Workout: Day 5 of Half Body workout. I enjoyed this workout. Very hard and very quick.

Good day all in all. I still have to make some zucchini loaves, pack and get to bed fairly early (probably realistically 10:30pm or 11pm).

Watching Oprah today is a head-trip. It's amazing how many challenges people go through in their lives and what the human mind is capable of handling and how incredibly resilient people can be. Wow! Shocking!

"The goal of spiritual practice is full recovery, and the only thing you need to recover from is a fractured sense of self." ~Marianne Williamson, American author and lecturer


No comments: