I think I forget this often. I forget to look at my life from a standpoint of pride. I've done a lot for myself and gotten far on my own. I've taken good care of myself most of the time. When I really don't like myself very much I really need to review all I should be proud of. And lately the not liking myself thing is a little overwhelming. And I used to always get mad at friends if they were talking badly about themselves and then I find myself doing it. It's terrible. Really bad. I caught myself doing it this morning. Not good. So I need to be proud. Walk tall. Puff out my chest. You know how you walk when you have pride in yourself - shoulder back, chest out, head held high, pulling out of the top of your head, light on your feet. Somewhere along the way I lost that - now shoulders are rounded, belly protruded, sinking into my hips and low back, etc. I need to remember that my body may not be where I want it to be but a lot of other things in my life are where I want them or are better than I expected.
I need to be proud of what a good person I am and how much I care for the ones I love. I need to be proud of myself for making it on my own in a crazy city like Los Angeles. I need to be proud of the fact that I'm an excellent cook. And just yesterday when I was at the gym I remembered to be proud of my athleticism, that I can pick up most sports and/or dance and get fairly proficient at them. Yes, these are all things to be proud of and I forget to be. I just don't do it. And why shouldn't I? If my friends did some of the things I do I would be really proud of them. Why forget about yourself? So I say for this week be proud! Be proud of who you are. Walk like you're proud and talk like you're proud. Because if we lose our pride, what do we have left? Not a whole lot.
On another note, last weekend I went to see "Bring It On: The Musical" and I just about died laughing. It was so funny and great fun to watch. I loved that movie because it epitomized high school cheerleading. I would know. I was one. It was just hysterical. It was really funny. I love to enjoy things like that. I love musicals and haven't been to enough lately. I actually enjoy most theater. It's just fun for a change and better than a movie.
As for my workouts I keep doing more and more yoga but I'm still doing weights, just not as often because it's hard for me to do something like, say, work out my back and then do yoga the next day. That's too hard for me. And even leg workouts and then trying to hold a position like Warrior 1 or Warrior 2 in yoga is just way to hard if you're sore already.
![]() |
| Warrior 1 |
![]() |
| Warrior 2 |
I've also been staying up too late so I need to get back to my early sleep. I'll write more soon. I just wanted to post this since it's been sitting in my drafts for a while now. NaNoWriMo is kinda kicking my butt and I haven't even been writing enough there either. At any rate, big changes are in store for me over the next couple of weeks with my workouts, mentality, eating, etc. I'll keep you posted all about it but don't be surprised if there's little to no posting over the next couple of weeks until I'm done with my novel! LOL!
Hope all of you are doing well and are ready for the holiday season to be in full swing. I know so many people hate/dislike the holidays but I LOVE them! I love Thanksgiving because it's fun and there's not much to do but enjoy it. Make foods I love to make,




2 comments:
Yes, you SHOULD be proud! I feel the same way, all too often. It's tough. I can imagine the yoga helps with relaxing though. Well I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your family.
Thanks so much Lisa! As calming as yoga is I'm not so sure I could call it relaxing. At least not until shavasana (corpse pose) at the end when I know I don't have to do any more work! LOL! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!
Post a Comment